Monday, November 22, 2010

My daybook

For Today - Monday, November 22nd


Outside my window......cold and sunny. Inside- I'm in a nice basement apartment at my brother's house which will be home for the next two weeks. My own bedroom, with not one, but two closets (!), living room, kitchen, and bathroom:-) Very nice - I appreciate them giving me a place to stay!


I am thinking...... about this quote I recently read,
"What we over-loved we are apt to over-grieve for: in each affection, therefore, it is wisdom to have rule over our own spirits and to keep a strict guard upon ourselves when that is removed from us which was very dear to us. Losers think they may have leave to speak; but little said is soon amended. The penitent patient sufferer sitteth alone and keepeth silence (Lam. iii. 28), or rather, with Job, say, Blessed be the name of the Lord."  Matthew Henry on 2 Samuel 18


I am thankful for.......family, blood, and adopted.


I am wearing....I must confess I haven't gotten dressed yet, black pants and a gray shirt, bare feet. But I am on vacation!


From the learning room...I've learned to always check whether I have taken the emergency brake off before I drive - yes, I learned that one the hard way:-(


Remembering.....what a nice day we had yesterday. I went to church with friends in VA, then had lunch with my Granddad, three of my aunts, and one cousin. It was so good to spend time with them. (I'll post pictures later).

 
Listening to.....the heat running. Later, Lord willing I plan to listen to the sermons I missed yesterday. I've got to keep up with my church:-)


I am going..... to enjoy a quiet day. It feels so strange having no one needing me to do anything...yesterday morning just getting myself ready for church.....I like being needed and helpful, but  a break is nice:-)


Noticing that....this internet I am using is very sloooow.



I am currently reading.....my Bible, Matthew Henry's commentary on 2 Samuel, and Preparing To Be His Helpmeet by Debi Pearl.


I am hoping...... that this time away won't simply be two weeks vacation, but a real time of rest, and of seeking the Lord's will. That He will bless this time.
"And he said, My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest." Exodus 33:14


On my mind...... something I recently heard said on a video about an abortion survivor talking about her life, being rejected by parents....she said, "I'm the Lord's girl - so you better not mess with me!" I liked that!
"I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you." John 14;18

Pondering these words...this quote a friend recently posted on facebook ~
"What unthankfulness is it to forget our consolations,
and to look only upon matter of grievance;
...to think so much upon two or three crosses
as to forget a hundred blessings!"
~Richard Sibbes

Around the house....painting projects!

One of my favorite things~time with friends and family.

A few plans for the rest of the week .....reading, relaxing, talking, painting, shopping, Thanksgiving at Adri's parents, Black Friday shopping....I have some emails I need to reply to, a whole bunch of pictures I want to put up on facebook, and some on here.

 From my photo journal ~ a picture of some of my church family at the Conference last summer.


For more Daybooks go to the Simple Woman's Daybook

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1