Monday, November 29, 2010

My Daybook

For Today - Monday, November 29th


Outside my window......it's only 23 degrees and everything is covered in a thick frost. Winter seems to be here. I just checked the weather at home in SC and discovered it is 20 degrees warmer there!



I am thinking......that sometimes it is good to look at things from a distance or different perspective.


I am thankful for.......all the dear friends God has given me who are like family.


I am wearing......pants and a shirt -I haven't dressed yet....


Remembering..... what a nice time I had visiting with people at church yesterday, then lunch with friends afterwords.


Listening to.....a sermon - see below.


I am going..... to have a quiet day. I want to write some emails, I might go to the library, and then do whatever else needs doing.


Noticing that....my knee has flared up and I'm limping again. I'm learning to be thankful for every pain free day.


I am currently reading.....my Bible, Matthew Henry's commentary on 2 Kings, Preparing To Be His Helpmeet by Debi Pearl ( and had some good talks with Adri who is also reading this one), keep A Quiet Heart by Elisabeth Eliot, and Hind's Feet On High Places by Hannah Hurnard. The last is really good - I want to get my own copy.

Pondering these words....In Hannah Hurnard’s allegory, the shepherdess Much-Afraid earnestly wanted to go to the High Places, but she also battled fear:
“I am afraid,” she said. “I have been told that if you really love someone you give that loved one the power to hurt and pain you in a way nothing else can.”
“That is true,” agreed the Shepherd. “To love does mean to put your self into the power of the loved one and to become very vulnerable to pain, and you are very much-afraid of pain, are you not?”

I am hoping...... that Adri will feel better this week.


On my mind.....this sermon I just listened to -  it's amazing - and it answered the question  I asked weeks ago, "Where do you find Christ in the parable of the Prodigal Son?" The answer may surprise you....
Robert McCurley | Greenville Presbyterian Church


Around the house....it's very quiet.


One of my favorite things~ coffee. Yesterday when we had lunch with friends their coffeemaker died resulting in none of us getting coffee....I was told maybe it was a sign, but I replied that I chose not to take it that way:-)

A few plans for the rest of the week .....I think it will be a quiet week. We have plans to visit with a friend on Wednesday, then with family on Saturday. Lord willing, I'll head back to SC on Saturday afternoon.


From my photo journal ~  the group photo of everyone who attended the Conference last summer.


For more Daybooks go the Simple Woman's Daybook.

1 comment:

  1. I am away also...new baby helping fun! Enjoy your week, quiet is nice also, right?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1