Thursday, November 18, 2010

Reflections...

It's my birthday and I tend to find myself feeling reflective every year on this day.....Thinking back on the year, all that happened, the things I've learned, what I hope to change in the year ahead.......Most of all thinking of all the Lord has done in for me in the past year, and being thankful to Him for giving me another year. I'm realizing more and more as I get older that He is the one thing in life that I can always depend on. A comforting thought! That being said, I'm also thankful that he has given me friends and family as well to love. So my desire in the year ahead is to glorify God wherever He puts me, whether it's doing laundry, babysitting, housecleaning, cooking,  posting on this blog, or whatever other work He gives me - I hope I can be a blessing to those around me.

This quote from Matthew Henry has been on my mind lately, on one of my favorite verses from Psalm 71 -


"I will go in the strength of the Lord God, not sit down in despair, but stir up myself to and exert myself in my work, will go forth and go on, not in any strength of my own, but in God's strength—disclaiming my own sufficiency and depending on him only as all-sufficient—in the strength of his providence and in the strength of his grace." We must always go about God's work in his strength, having our eyes up unto him to work in us both to will and to do. "
~ Matthew Henry

"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong." 
 2 Corinthians 12:9-10


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1