Saturday, November 6, 2010

"With God all things are possible."



Last night I was alone so I pulled out a movie to watch, something that made a big impression on me a few years ago when I  first watched it at a friend's house. I've been wanting to watch again ever since, Facing The Giants. This is a funny movie for someone who isn't even interested in football to like (yes, even with 10 brothers somehow I managed to grow up with no interest in the game; to this day I don't even know the rules:-), but what I really like is the message. My favorite part is in the video clip above (once you get 5 minutes into it), where the main character, Grant, is praying early in the morning. It seems that he's about to lose his job, is having financial problems, was betrayed by a friend, and just found out that he and his wife can't have the children they want so badly. Everything seems hopeless. I can relate so much to what he is saying when he tells the Lord he feels like he's surrounded by giants of fear and failure, and I know just how hard the question he asks his wife is, "Will you still love the Lord if He never gives you children?" (or replace children with whatever you think you can't live without------). It's a hard question, but in my mind there's only one answer to give.

The movie then goes on to show that when we trust the Lord with our lives, then nothing is impossible. He can do anything. "For with God nothing shall be impossible." Luke 1:37

1 comment:

  1. Stephanie -- I remember wondering the same thing every time George and I had a failed adoption plan. But we found out that His plans are so much better than what we can ever imagine -- here we are, after 5 failed attempts at adoption (2 after bringing home the baby to live with us for a while), with an incredible family of THREE full-blooded biological sisters! Each of them came to us at a different time and under different circumstances, but God saw to it that we became a family. Who could have imagined??!! So, you ARE right -- there is only one answer to give, for He never fails us. Hugs, KAREN

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1