Tuesday, December 14, 2010

My Daybook


For Today - December 14th


Outside my window......it's very cold, only 17 degrees.

I am thinking...... of something I recently read on one of the blogs I follow ~
'While we often feel lost in the shuffle, He who sees a sparrow fall knows your deepest dreams, hopes, and fears; He holds gently secret tears that water your pillow at night. Your exhaustion, performance, and service, the demands, and pressure you feel does not miss His eye. He knows your cries, your loneliness, your longing to matter to those you love.......to feel that you are a blessing.'

I am thankful for.......that I have so many good books to read.

I am wearing........warm clothes - it's been freezing here.

Remembering.....my trip to Virginia - I'm so glad that worked out. 

Listening to.....the Psalm CD from the conference.

I am going.....to clean bathrooms, do laundry, iron, work on a grocery list...normal housework.

 Noticing that....I'm really enjoying my MP3  player - I'm glad I bought it. I've liked being able to listen to sermons and music while I work and find that it's helpful to be filling my mind with good things instead of just letting my thoughts wander.

I am currently reading.....my Bible, Matthew Henry's commentary on 1 Kings, and Facing Grief by John Flavel, Valley of Vision, and A Lamp For My Feet by Elisabeth Elliot.

I am hoping......in God's promises...some that are on my mind ~ 
"The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit."
"Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass."
"...a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise."
"I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst."
"All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out."

 On my mind......learning to hold things loosely, and other lessons I've learned, and been learning.

 Pondering these words.....a few quotes I recently read in Matthew Henry ~

"He blesses God who has given, he does not say wealth, and honour, and power, and victory, to Israel, but rest, as if that were a blessing more valuable than any of those. Let not those who have rest under-value that blessing, though they want some others."

‎"It is a great advantage to be in good families, and to have opportunity of frequent converse with those that are wise, and good, and communicative. Many have this happiness who know not how to value it. "


 ‎"The more moderate our desires are towards earthly things the better qualified we are for the enjoyment of them and the more likely to have them." 



 ‎"Those whom God hallows or sanctifies, whom he sets apart for himself, have his eye, his heart, his love and care, and this perpetually."


‎"What we over-loved we are apt to over-grieve
for: in each affection, therefore, it is wisdom to have rule over
our own spirits and to keep a strict guard upon ourselves when that
is removed from us which was very dear to us. Losers think they may
have leave to speak; but little said is soon amended. The penitent
patient sufferer sitteth alone and keepeth silence
(Lamentations 3:28), or rather,
with Job, says, Blessed be the name of the Lord.



Around the house....the washer and dryer are going, music is playing, and I'm about to end this break and get back to cleaning.

One of my favorite things~ spending time with the people I love.

A few plans for the rest of the week .....working at the Es on Wed and Fri, church on Wed, here today and Thursday, an open house at the Es on Sat......and I don't know what else.

From my photo journal ~ a collage I created with pictures I took of Sammy over the past year. Something has happened with the little guy that I always knew would happen......he's growing up and doesn't need me to hold him in church anymore. Sometimes I wish little ones could just stay little! But....
.....I have another little one that I'm able to hold which will hopefully fill his place for now - little Katie:-). Blog followers may remember her from my posts last summer. Much to my surprise she seemed to remember me instantly even though she hadn't seen me in three months!

For more Daybooks go to The Simple Woman's Daybook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1