Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Happy 2011 everyone! I hope this will be a good year filled with blessings as we seek to follow the Lord. As I was saying to someone the other day, "I really hope 2011 is a better (maybe I should say easier) year that 2010!"
He agreed but then, but then pointed out that he had learned more in the past year than in any other. Looking back I would probably have to say the same......so will press on remembering "Hitherto hath the Lord helped us", and "The Lord never asks us to go where He Himself is not going." Comforting. Below are a few quotes that I enjoyed and thought went well with New Year's Day.
Again, best wishes for your day, and the year ahead. I'm happy to be spending my day with family and friends who are very dear to me. Maybe I'll post pictures later:-)


"Go back?” he thought. “No good at all! Go sideways? Impossible! Go forward? Only thing to do! On we go!” So up he got, and trotted along with his little sword held in front of him and one hand feeling the wall, and his heart all of a patter and a pitter."
~ The Hobbit


"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”
~ The Fellowship Of The Ring



"Resolution One: I will live for God. Resolution Two: If no one else does, I still will."
 ~ Jonathan Edwards




"For it is good to begin the day, and begin the year, and especially to begin our lives, with God."
~ Matthew Henry



"O that a golden thread of holiness may run through the whole web of this year. "
~ Matthew Henry


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1