Saturday, January 8, 2011

Resolution....

I decided  a few days ago that I needed a break from writing. I felt like I had reached a point where I had nothing to give, and felt kind of hypocritical sharing encouraging posts while feeling that way. But then I had a few friends tell me how much they missed me (thanks - by the way that was encouraging in itself:-). Then I was reminded in a sermon this Wednesday night, of how God is glorified in trials. I know I tend to think, 'oh, He will be glorified by getting me out of this problem, by making everything right in my life,' and maybe someday that will happen (though I think I have to wait for heaven to see the everything right part....). In reality He is glorified by how we act when we are in the furnace, can we still rejoice in the Lord, praise Him, give thanks, say not only, 'God does all things', but 'He does all things well'?

So while there are things I would change, if I could, right now I'm in a position where I have to wait on the Lord and trust Him to show me what is the next step. In the meantime I'll try to be faithful in the work He's given me, try to look past second causes and ultimately remember that everything that happens comes from the Lord, remember how much I have to be thankful for......and I will try to keep up with this blog. Thanks for your patience with me, for visiting even when I didn't post, and for your prayers. I pray for ya'll too, that the Lord will bless what I publish and it will be a help and encouragement to all who read it. I guess I'd just like to ask that you realize when I share on here, that I need the help and encouragement too, I don't have it all together, I struggle, cry, ask, 'why?', and need to be reminded that the Lord is good, and is working all things for the good of those who love Him. Now I'll just hope my honesty hasn't scared anyone away;-)

Below is a quote from Matthew Henry that was an encouragement to me last night. I would like what he says here to be true of my life. Also the sermon that I mentioned above 'Providence and Suffering', and another sermon 'Lowliness in Affliction' that I've come back to again and again for encouragement.

"Those who keep their eye upon heaven as their end will keep their feet in the paths of religion as their way, whatever difficulties and discouragements they meet with in it. He will not only hold on his way notwithstanding, but will grow stronger and stronger. By the sight of other good men's trials, and the experience of his own, he will be made more vigorous and lively in his duty, more warm and affectionate, more resolute and undaunted; the worse others are the better he will be; that which dismays others emboldens him. The blustering wind makes the traveled gather his cloak the closer about him and gird it the faster. Those that are truly wise and good will be continually growing wiser and better. Proficiency in religion is a good sign of sincerity in it."
~ Matthew Henry on Job 17 

www.sermonaudio.com
Robert McCurley | Greenville Presbyterian Church




www.sermonaudio.com
Robert McCurley | Westminster Presbyterian Church


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1