Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snowed in....

The adventure continues...we are still snowed in, and we still have power. Last night as I got in my warm bed I felt very thankful thinking of the many people who are without power - heat, hot water, and the many other daily conveniences of life tend to get taken for granted until we have bad weather.

South Carolina has been declared under a state of emergency and with highs forecasted to be around freezing for the next few days this could last for awhile. Around here we don't have snow plows - we just wait for it to melt.

After spending 48 hours being snowed in with a crowd I feel qualified to share some suggestions for what to be prepared with before a storm - #1 - a sense of humor! Patience doesn't hurt, or a willing attitude....all three of these come in handy for instance when you spend half an hour dressing the children to go outside - then five minutes later they're back in because, 'it's too cold.' :-). An mp3 player loaded with music helps,  it never hurts to have headphones to put in when things get loud, then a Netflix account with lots of instant play movies is a plus......add in chocolate, hot chocolate, and plenty of snacks and everyone should be reasonably happy!

I'm hoping that we will be able to get out to go to church tomorrow, but until then praying that everyone stays safe, warm, and dry!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1