Thursday, January 20, 2011

This and that....

I realized recently that I left everyone 'hanging'  after all my updates on being snowed in last week....the good news is most of the snow is gone, and we were all able to make it to church for communion on the Lord's day. This was my 7th communion season since moving to Greenville, time does fly by! That was a reminder of how much I have to be thankful for. No matter how hard things are, I'm so blessed to have had my prayers for a good church to worship at answered. The verses below have been on my mind a lot today as I've been thinking about the Lord's working in my life. It's  comforting to know these promises are true, even though I often may think that something else would be good for me, the Lord does know best and is giving me just what I need.

"Yea, the LORD shall give that which is good." 
Psalm 85:12

"...the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly."
Psalm 84:11

Below are some pictures of my room that I recently took. Being the only woman in a house with four guys (my brothers!), I'm thankful to have a place of my own that I can keep the way I want it:-). It's still a work in progress, for instance I have a dresser and chair that I plan to paint once the weather warms up, but I've enjoyed working on it slowly.

I painted this bookcase that was given to me by friends. It hold my fiction, craft books, cookbooks, CDs etc.

My second bookcase holds commentaries, Puritans, Christian books....

Some of my favorite books:-)

More books, these ones are on my nightstand that I'm reading.


My desk, computer, more books, scrapbooks......last time I was away my brothers put together a puzzle there and it hasn't been moved yet.

Pictures of loved ones, family, friends...

My brother, Caleb, made me this to hold jewelry and headbands. It's so pretty!

A favorite verse hanging on my wall.

Another favorite verse.

Last of all, not taken in my room, but a picture of Katie and I.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1