Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Lord will give what is good....

What I'm sharing today was my devotional reading from a couple days ago, and is something I need to be reminded of all the time, that the Lord is giving just what we need, and it is good. This week what we've been given is sickness, and it's turned out differently than we all planned. Instead of normal work and schedules, etc,  I'm keeping busy trying to help out with sick children, dealing with coughs, fevers, aches, and pains, but remembering that even when the Lord brings us low it's all for good. (This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God might be glorified thereby.John 11:4) 

"And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you."  
John 16:23 

The love of Christ daily loads us with benefits. He gives us nothing, but what is good. He blesses our curses, temptations, afflictions, sin and death, and they all prove good unto us. Even all His ways prove good unto us; and not only all the ways of God, who loves us in Christ, but all the ways of those who hate us....This is the great privilege of those whom Christ loves; nothing shall befall them, but what shall prove good for them. They may conclude in whatever condition they are in, it is the best for them, and if it had not been so, they would never have been brought into it; and whenever it shall cease to be so, they shall be removed out of it. This is the sweetest privilege, yet the hardest to believe at all times, since there is often such opposition to it, by our sense and reason, yet it is most true. Christ's love gives us whatever is good.
~ David Clarkson
(Voices From The Past)

"No good thing does He withhold from those that walk uprightly."  
Psalm 84:11


'"The young lions suffer want and hunger; but those that seek the Lord shall lack no good thing."
Psalm 34:10


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1