Monday, February 7, 2011

My Daybook (and an announcement)

For Today -February 7th, 2011


Outside my window......a dreary gray day.

I am thinking......about this verse from Psalm 34 that I read last night, "I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth." I think sometimes I can read things so many times that I don't really take them in:-(, but in this reading the word that struck me was 'all', not just the good times, but all times.

I am thankful for.......the opportunity to join with the Lord's people every week.
For the chances to serve that I am given,
that I'm getting over this sickness...


I am wearing.......a jean skirt, and pink sweater.


Remembering.....the past....on Saturday while I was working in the kitchen Cephas was playing all the top Country songs from 2001, we took a trip down memory lane. Seriously it's amazing how music brings back memories, and it made me feel old. Can it really have been 10 years? It feels like yesterday.

Listening to.....a song I used to really like, but had forgotten till Saturday's trip down memory lane,
Life Gets Away by Clint Black.


I am going.....well I just got home from a day at the Es, I need to eat, clean up the kitchen, then am going to catch up on my reading this evening.


Creating.....memories for the next 10 years?!
More Psalm videos.
A gift, so I can't say anymore here....


Learning....to wait on the Lord.


Noticing that....often the sermons from the Lord's day stay with me through the week. I'm still thinking about this one from yesterday which in Pastor's words, was on 'the bread and butter of the Christian life.'


www.sermonaudio.com
Robert McCurley | Greenville Presbyterian Church



I am currently reading.....my Bible, Matthew Henry's commentary on 1 Chronicles, and The Mark Of The Lion trilogy by Francine Rivers

I am hoping......that all 3 of my nieces/nephews are born safely this year. Yes, you read that right - three! I slipped an announcement in here:-). Becky and Bill will be having their second baby in October, Laura will be a big sister. I think you all know Tara is due in April, and Adri in September. Please keep all of them in your prayers.



On my mind......an idea I'm thinking about.
Spontaneous combustion....ok, you had to be there to get that one;-)
Emails I need to reply to.




Pondering these words ~ a couple quotes I read in Matthew Henry last night.
 

‎"God's word looks at things eternal, and so should our desires and hopes."

 

 "We are blessed in order that we may be blessings. We are not born, nor do we live, for ourselves. " 

 

 "The honors of Christ's kingdom are prepared for those that fight the good fight of faith, that labor and suffer, and are willing to venture all, even life itself, for Christ and a good conscience. It is by a patient continuance in well-doing that we must seek for glory, and honor, and immortality; and those that are faithful to the Son of David shall find their names registered and enrolled much more to their honor than these are in the records of fame."

 

Around the house....housework and laundry that needs doing, which will keep me busy tomorrow.



One of my favorite things~my new Bible. I love having Matthew Henry's notes on every chapter as I read.












A few plans for the rest of the week .....nothing special this week as far as I know, just another week of helping out at the Es, working around Joshua's house, etc. Maybe, if all are well enough, I'll have a movie night with a friend.

From my photo journal ~ Here's a picture of a baby sweater I knit last fall for one of the babies at church. This little guy will be baptized this coming Lord's day.


For more Daybooks go to the Simple Woman's Daybook.




Share on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1