Monday, February 14, 2011

An update......

A quick update for my friends and family - I hope everyone is doing well. We are mostly finally over all our sickness, (and what a winter for sickness it has been!), I'm still dealing with a sore throat that I can't seem to get rid of, but overall am much better. Today has been a gorgeous springlike day in the 60s, the children took their sandwiches outside and enjoyed a picnic lunch - I'm so ready for spring and glad I live far south enough that it isn't too far away:-) Right now I'm babysitting, sitting in the living room with the children and typing  while they watch a movie. Tomorrow I get my own movie night with a friend, then will spend a couple days packing with a friend, before coming back to the Es. It looks to be a busy week, as have been the past few days. Pictured at left is a memory from last year at this time - Valentines day dinner with the Es in 2010. I was invited to join them again this year and was commenting to Jenny that I've been here long enough that I'm doing things for the second time with the family and starting to share memories with them. I'm thankful for all these special times:-)

  
I was reminded today of one reason why I love children. Standing in the next room folding laundry, I overheard a conversation (no names to spare future embarrassment:-).
Child #1, "My navel is getting dry,"
Child #2 "what is a navel?"
Child #1 "I don't know, I just liked the word and wanted to use it."
I laughed out loud, children can be so hilarious! 


I had hoped to share our sermon from yesterday morning in this post, but as I go to publish it's still not up on sermonaudio, I'm sure it will be up sometime soon, so click on the link if you want to find it later. It was on the story of the 10 lepers in Luke 17, and gave me a lot to think about, thankfulness, going to Christ, and most of all what Pastor said at the end....that probably the leper who had been healed thanked God that he had been a leper  because it brought him to Christ. Wow! Can you think about your 'leprosy' that way?



Below is a link from one of the blogs I follow for any of my single sisters who might be reading this and need some encouragement. It's true, life can turn out very differently than we expect, but I'm learning to try to make the best of where God has me. For tonight I'll enjoy my time with the children and try trust the Lord with tomorrow.... 
                            ylcf.org
Where you are this day may be drastically different than visions of your younger self, but I pray you continue to put your faith in Him who died for you, and the truths found in His Word.





Last of all a few pictures that I just took off of my camera.

Here are a couple pictures of some flowers I was recently given - I had fun taking and editing....

....I love the soft look in this picture.

The most recent knitting project I completed.

This is my favorite baby pattern.

In honor of today I'll end with this potato we found in the pantry.....have a good night everyone.



1 comment:

  1. sore throat is not a lot of fun its just uncomfortable and difficult to swallow.

    usually, i would take the Nim Jiom Cough Syrup (www.geocities.jp/ninjiom_hong_kong/index_e.htm ) which has a thick consistency formulation. it coats the throat and includes herbs that are particularly good for that application.

    i hope it works on you as well.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1