Thursday, March 17, 2011

"Because of this my heart is glad......

Today I am thankful for the promises of God. I have loved ones and friends going through hard times now and I'm  hurting for them, and wishing there was more I could do to help. Then last night in prayer meeting we sang Psalm 16 and I was helped and comforted by the promises there so wanted to share it on here. Below are some verses from Psalm 16, and a couple quotes that were on my mind. One is on the promises, the other is a reminder that in hard times we need to look to Christ for help and comfort.



"I have set the LORD always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope.For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore."
Psalm 16:8-11


"The titles of God are virtually promises, when he is called a sun, a shield, a strong tower, a hiding place, a portion. The titles of Christ: light of the world, bread of life, the way, the truth, and life; the titles of the Spirit: the Spirit of truth, of holiness, of glory, of grace, of supplication, the sealing, witnessing spirit - faith may conclude as much out of these as the promises."
David Clarkson

"When God lays men upon their backs, then they look up to Heaven."
Thomas Watson


7 comments:

  1. Love these precious verses and strengthening quotes! You have a lovely blog, Stefanie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stefanie,

    Thank you so much for your comment on my blog today regarding Andrew Bonar. His writings have been such a blessing and I often wonder if, during his earthly days, he knew how God would use his brokenness in such an amazing way, even years after departing.

    Your blog is just lovely and I sense such a sweet spirit with only the little bit that I have seen. I pray God's riches blessings upon you and your family and all that concerns you. Our God is faithful.

    Love and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good post:) Thanks for linking up to the NOBH remember to follow the host and we will follow back:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Christina,

    I appreciate the prayers very much. If you go to my Andrew Bonar label you will find a number of his quotes that I shared.

    Have a blessed day,
    Stefanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Adventurer...following:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely love your blog. I am now following you. Found you on NOBH. Stop by for visit some time.

    Jacqui
    http://www.homesteadbountyblessings.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1