Thursday, March 24, 2011

Being thankful..


Today I am thankful for a few different things....first of all my church. Our Pastor was too sick to preach last night, but it was a blessing to see a number of us gather anyway for a time of prayer and singing. While I missed having a sermon, it was the most interesting, or maybe I should say different, prayer meeting we have had since this one.



Also on my mind is this verse we sang from Psalm 37 last night.

"The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way"

I find these verses on God delighting in us hard to grasp and believe, yet am thankful to know it's true.

"He brought me forth also into a large place; he delivered me, because he delighted in me."
Psalm 18:19

"The LORD your God in your midst, The Mighty One, will save;
      He will rejoice over you with gladness,  He will quiet you with His love,
      He will rejoice over you with singing.” 
Zephaniah 3:17

Last of all I'm thankful to report that our Pastor's son, whom I asked you all to pray for a week or so ago, came through his surgeries well and is steadily improving. Please do continue to keep them in your prayers as he has a long road of recovery ahead of him

I hope everyone has a good day!



1 comment:

  1. I love those scriptures! To think He delights in me is so overwhelming!

    I'm glad to see answers to prayer. May your pastor's son recover so quickly he would amaze his doctor!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1