Saturday, March 19, 2011

"He knoweth the way that I take....

"For he performeth the thing that is appointed for me.."
Job 23:14

The plan of God extends to every detail in my life. There are several important things that can be said of it:

1. The plan is perfect. Everything God does is perfect. It may not appear to me at times to be perfect but it is, because it will ultimately lead to the greater glory of God.

2. The plan is exhaustive. It includes everything. It is worked out in a situation where everything is under the control of God. It extends to the smallest and most casual things. 'The very hairs of your head are all numbered.' (Matthew 10:30).

3. The plan is for my ultimate good. God alone knows what is going to happen in advance because He has purposed it all. Every detail is fixed before I was born. God hides it from me until it happens. I discover it day by day as the plan unfolds. This is the unfolding of His secret will for my life.


"Whoso is wise, and will observe these things, even they shall understand the lovingkindness of the LORD.
Psalm 107:43

From Behind A Frowning Providence by John J Murray

Today I am linking up at Serenity Now.


2 comments:

  1. hello Stefanie!
    popping in from Amanda's ~
    great to meet you! welcome to tea @ Faith Hope & Cherrytea! we have chocolate writing and books in common along with faith & hope ~ and i'm hoping to see you soon ") blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to print out #1 and keep it with me at all times!! Great reminder. :)

    Thanks for joining my Weekend Bloggy Reading party. :) Hope you'll stop by Serenity Now again soon!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1