Monday, March 21, 2011

He will find a place....

Uncertainty is surely, for most of us, one of the the harder lessons in faith. We look ahead and see only darkness, or what may seem more frightening - possibilities we're convinced we can't cope with.

This is where I am this morning as I write - the possibilities of what may happen are daunting. Asking the Lord for some help in resting my case with Him I found these words:

"...in the wilderness where you saw how the LORD your God carried you, as a man carries his son, in all the way that you went until you came to this place.’ Yet, for all that, you did not believe the LORD your God, who went in the way before you to search out a place for you to pitch your tents, to show you the way you should go.."
Deuteronomy 1:31-33

Has He, in fact, carried me all the way to this place? Of course He has.

Did He look after my needs as attentively as a father looks after his son's? Of course He did.

Have I reason to doubt that He is even now going ahead of me on my journey to find a place for me?
No reason whatever.

Shall I trust Him then? Lord, forgive my fears. I will trust and not be afraid. The place you find will certainly be a place of peace.

~ Elisabeth Elliot


2 comments:

  1. Love these verses! I have a post ready to go which focuses on them. Did you peek into my blog drafts?! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up to the NOBH. Great post

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1