Monday, March 14, 2011

My Daybook

For Today -  March 14th


Outside my window......a pretty spring day

I am thinking......about my Pastor's family, see yesterday's post. They are in our prayers. As I write this, I just got the news that he is out of his second surgery which went well, however they are having trouble managing his pain. Poor guy...

I am thankful for.......after a very busy weekend I'm glad that tomorrow is a quiet day at home.

I am wearing....a jean skirt and brown shirt.

Remembering.....Yesterday I went with the Es to visit a friend in the hospital after church. We parked next to the emergency helicopter and saw it take off. That was cool - I'd never seen anything like that! Realizing why they were leaving put a bit of a damper on it though. I hate going to hospitals, but they are a good reminder of how much we have to be thankful for.

Listening to.....my brothers in the next room.

I am going.....to make a couple phone calls, take a walk, either pull out my knitting or sewing for awhile, then read before going to bed.

Noticing that....I have a lot of little eyes on me. A friend told me that I may have a bigger sphere of influence on more young ones than I would if I were a mom. I don't know if that's true, and it's not where I want to be forever, but it's something to think about. It's a big responsibility.

I am currently reading.....my Bible, Matthew Henry's commentary on 2 Chronicles, and all Things For Good by Thomas Watson.

I am hoping......for different things....


On my mind......something I read in Matthew Henry recently about one of the kings who did what was right, but his heart was not perfect with God, that reminded me of our sermon from a couple weeks ago about the two prayers of the pharisee and the tax collector. Pastor said that today, on the outside, the pharisee would look like the perfect Presbyterian who was doing everything right. It's a scary thought....

Pondering these words....."It is one heart quieting consideration in all the afflictions that befall us, that God has a special hand in them: "The Almighty hath afflicted me." Instruments can no more stir till God gives them a commission, than the axe can cut by itself without a hand. Job eyed God in his affliction: therefore as Augustine observes, he does not say, "The Lord gave and the devil took away," but "The Lord hath taken away."
~Thomas Watson.

Around the house.....a desperate need for a major housecleaning....but I'm too tired to even think about it till tomorrow.

One of my favorite things~ last week Hannah gave me a hug and said, "I love you, Miss Stefanie." - it's special when a little one says that, I love them too!

A few plans for the rest of the week .....I'm working on Mon, Wed, and Fri, church on Wed, Lord willing a birthday party on Saturday, and I'm not sure what else....

From my photo journal ~ I don't have any new pictures to share today so thought I'd post a video instead. this song has been in my head since I watched Miss Potter about a week ago with friends. The movie was good by the way.


For more Daybooks...http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1