Friday, March 25, 2011

Providence and promises....

God is to be trusted when His providences seem to run contrary to His promise. God promised David to give him the crown, to make him king; but providence turns contrary to His promise; David was pursued by Saul, was in danger of His life; but all this while it was David's duty to trust God. The Lord does oftentimes, by cross providence, bring to pass His promise. God promised Paul the lives of all that were with Him in the ship, but now the providence of God seems to run quite contrary to His promises, the winds blow; the ship splits and breaks in pieces; and thus God fulfilled His promise; upon the broken pieces of the ship, they all come safely to shore. Trust God when Providences seem to run quite contrary to promises."
Thomas Watson

2 comments:

  1. Excellent quote! We need to remember that God's ways for fulfilling His promises are not always our ways, and simply trust that He will fulfill them.

    Thanks for sharing, Stefanie.

    Abigail E.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stephanie,
    Thank you for sharing this beautiful quote and linking it up to NOBH! Remembering that God is in control, not me, is a lesson I have to learn and relearn often!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1