Friday, April 1, 2011

Blog Party...

Today I am joining in at the Ultimate Blog Party! For those who are new here, my blog began a couple years ago to keep my family who lives far away in touch with what was going on in my day to day to life. Since then it has evolved into a place where I share things I've read that were encouraging or convicting, sermons that were helpful, music I enjoy, and of course updates and pictures for family and friends. Though I wasn't so sure about it a couple years ago when some friends convinced me to start this blog....I've grown to love blogging:-). In addition to getting to share what is on my mind, I love reading other's blogs, and meeting other bloggers. It always brightens my day when I get a comment from someone who was helped and encouraged by something I shared.

 I love chocolate, children, books, and writing (though not necessarily in that order:-).  My days are spent working for friends, helping with their six children (soon to be seven, Lord willing), and doing what I can to 'take care' of my brothers that I live with. Free time is spent reading, blogging:-), knitting, crocheting, sewing, taking and editing pictures, spending time with friends...I keep busy! Though my blog began to keep my family updated, the main purpose of it is to glorify the Lord,  I hope you'll be blessed spending time with me as I seek to follow and wait on Him. Thanks for visiting!

"It may be of good use to Christians to preserve in writing an account of the providences of God concerning them, the constant series of mercies they have experienced, especially those turns and changes which made some days of their lives more remarkable . Our memories need this help.....that we may 'remember the way which the Lord our God has led us in the wilderness.'"
Matthew Henry

Here are some links which are a good sampling of what my blog is all about.....I hope you'll stay awhile, visit, and be encouraged:-)

Updates on my life
Updates on family news.
Psalms
Sermons that were a blessing to me.
What the Lord is teaching me
Things I share from my Matthew Henry Challenge reading.
What I'm reading
Quotes that I read and want to share.
Thought provoking, and convicting things I've read.
Pictures of family
Posts on prayer
Prayer requests


Please also stop by my facebook page, my twitter site, and my Etsy store. Thanks for visiting!


10 comments:

  1. Nice to Meet you! Love the colors of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much of my blog is to keep a record of God's faithfulness with my children. I love to look back and see how he has worked in our lives over the past years. What beauty to see God's faithfulness!

    Hope you can stop by my party too and say hi when you get the chance. See you then!

    ReplyDelete
  3. newest follower via blog party...have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier today, Stefanie! I'm very glad to have met you through the UBP. :^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to meet you, Stefanie, through ubp. You sound like you have a huge servants heart.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    Gg - Notes on the Journey #269

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for linking up to the NOBH I have heard of this but haven't had a chance to take a peek at it yet. Nice to learn a little more about you:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Stefanie! Thank you for stopping by my blog. I'm just now catching up on the UBP fun. I have family in Greenville in the Berea area. In fact, when my sister-in-law gives birth to her 6th child, I'll be traveling up there to help care for the other 5! I'll be stopping by Hamrick's while I'm there, too. Anyway, it's very nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a lovely blog, and I have subscribed! It is nice to meet you via the blog party!
    Lynn@tickledpinklife.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Howdy!

    I am so happy to have found your blog. I am stopping in from the Ultimate Blog Party and this is my very first year participating and this is SO VERY exciting!! LOL

    Anyhow...please stop by my blogs and follow whenever you get the opportunity:

    So Stylilized is where I am currently offering FREE Custom Blog Designs at http://sostylilized.blogspot.com/2011/04/ultimate-blog-party.html

    And...Jessica Lil Corner is where I am blogging about family and life at http://jessicaslilcorner.blogspot.com/2011/04/ultimate-blog-party.html

    I welcome your visit at either or both of my blogs and hope to have you stop by and follow really soon!!

    Have a very blessed day!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! I'm stopping by from the UBP – trying to visit all on the link for Christian blogs by the end of the day (I've not been going straight down the list…but I'm now on my last round!). I'm #73 (Being Made New – http://tinahollenbeck.blogspot.com). I hope you might be able to pop in at my place sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1