Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Following Jesus...

A couple days ago I came across this poem on one of the blogs I follow. I liked it so much that I got permission to put it on my blog. Thanks Hillary!

A Women Walks Through the Countryside in Karnataka


"You see the back of her
Because she faces Jesus.

You see her while she walks away
Because she follows Jesus.

You see her on a lonely road
Because few find
The narrow way that leads to life.

You see her, perhaps, half-dead
Because she is in the business
Of dying everyday.

You see her forsaken
Because she has left all
to follow Him.

You see her struggle along the way
Because she takes up her cross.

You see her lost
Because she loses her life
To be found by Life.

You see her in a wilderness
Because that’s where God
Plants vineyards."



"Therefore, behold, I will allure her,
      Will bring her into the wilderness,
      And speak comfort to her.
        I will give her her vineyards from there,
      And the Valley of Achor as a door of hope;
      She shall sing there,
      As in the days of her youth,
      As in the day when she came up from the land of Egypt.
       And it shall be, in that day,
      Says the LORD, That you will call Me ‘My Husband,’
      And no longer call Me ‘My Master,’....
I will betroth you to Me forever;
      Yes, I will betroth you to Me
      In righteousness and justice,
      In lovingkindness and mercy;
        I will betroth you to Me in faithfulness,
      And you shall know the LORD.
"
Hosea 2:14-16, 19-20

Today I'm linking up at -











Weekend Bloggy Reading












Share |

5 comments:

  1. Nice. I love both the picture and the words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely poem I haven't seen it before. Thanks for linking up to the NOBH

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. vineyards in the wilderness, wow, I've only been seeing the wilderness as a place to walk through, to escape from, not a place for comfort and fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, i found rest tonight for my soul, here at your beautiful place, friend. thank you.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1