Saturday, April 16, 2011

My weekend....

A "Postcard" of Main Street - Greenville, South Carolina, USA
This has been a nice, but extremely busy weekend! Last night we gathered for a congregational meeting at church where we elected a new elder. We're thankful to the Lord for giving us a new office bearer in the church!

I was blessed to spend this morning visiting with friends from Virginia. It's so nice and special to spend time with those that we don't get to see very often.  We walked miles in the mall while it stormed outside, then once the weather cleared enjoyed walking in beautiful downtown G'ville. Then it was home for some housework, and I'll be heading back downtown for church (preparatory service) in a little while.

I also wanted to share this sermon from Wednesday night -- I hope no one minds two sermon posts in one week! While listening it brought to mind reading Matthew Henry on Nehemiah and the importance of all members of the body in all their various functions. We got a good laugh while cleaning the church after the service when my brother came across a friend and I dusting the pulpit. He told us he appreciated seeing the application of the sermon:-)




"So little reason have we to wish that we may be placed alone in the earth, or in Jerusalem itself, that much of our safety and comfort depends upon our neighbors and friends; the more the stronger, the more the merrier"

"Those who take care of the ta exo—the outward concerns of the church, the serving of its tables, are as necessary in their place as those who take care of its ta eso—its inward concerns, who give themselves to the word and prayer."

"Deeds done for the house of God and the offices of it, for the support of religion and the encouragement of it, are good deeds. There is both righteousness and godliness in them, and God will certainly remember them, and not wipe them out; they shall in no wise lose their reward."
Matthew Henry on Nehemiah 














 
Share |

1 comment:

  1. I agree it's always so nice to spend time with those we don't see often. Thanks for sharing about how another sermon touched you and could be applied in your life. Thank you also for linking it to NOBH! Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1