Monday, April 25, 2011

On my bookshelf....

I think you all know that I love books! So when I came across this link up where we could share books on our shelves I had to join in:-). Books are taking over my room....both of my bookcases are full, then there is a stack on my nightstand, Bibles, devotionals, another stack of other books I'm either reading or want to read soon, and more on my desk....some mine, others from the libraries of friends we are storing....So many books, so little time......maybe someday I'll read everything I want to read, but I doubt it. Two book quotes I like from L M Montgomery:

"I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them." 

"I doubt if I shall ever have time to read the book again -- there are too many new ones coming out all the time which I want to read. Yet an old book has something for me which no new book can ever have -- for at every reading the memories and atmosphere of other readings come back and I am reading old years as well as an old book."


100_1092
This is the devotional I'm going through in the mornings. It's made up of excerpts from writings of the Puritans and is excellent.



100_1091
A peek inside Voices from The Past.


100_1094
I recently got this and am looking forward to reading it...I had actually started it at the Conference last summer so it will be good to get back to it. Andrew Bonar wrote one of my favorite books, Heavenly Springs, so it will be interesting to learn  more about him. A friend bought it at the same time I did and we plan to go through it together.


100_1097
This is filled with quote, sermons, letters, a biography...I've read bits and pieces of it and look forward to reading more. Everything I've read by M'Cheyne has been so good.


100_1099
This is one of my newest books, a gift from friends. Aside from what is inside, I love what a pretty little book it is:-). I don't really need to say anything about the contents, you all know how much I like Matthew Henry:-) I'm reading this at night since I was already going through a devotional in the mornings.


100_1101
and here is a look inside.


9780851514796
I mentioned this book earlier in this post. It's one of my favorites, made up of quotes, diary, and sermon excerpts that are encouraging, inspiring and helpful, divided into a reading for each Lord's day of the year.



Sharing Our Bookshelves @ In the Bookcase


1 comment:

  1. I'm a book-a-holic too :) Yes, so many books, so little time! Thanks for sharing your bookshelf on NOBH!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1