Thursday, April 21, 2011

Trust in the Lord with all your heart...


215570_1871736027173_1054305571_2113429_5142131_nI've been thinking a lot about about babies lately. It's hard not to, I'm surrounded by them. What has been on my mind is most likely something we all already know - that we should trust the Lord and depend on Him just as a little one trusts us and is completely dependent on us for food, care, shelter....if we didn't care for them they would die. Yet they have no fear of that, they are relaxed, and trusting that we will provide every need. Which of course we do, because we love them. I wish I had the faith and trust of a little child and today am thankful for this reminder and realization that there's a lot I can learn from little ones, and really from any situation I'm  in.



               "I'm poor and needy, yet the Lord
                               of me a care doth take:
                              Thou art my help and Savior,
                               my God, no tarrying make."
                                     Psalm 40:17 




 
 
 
 






Thought Provoking Thursdays


Share |

8 comments:

  1. Aw, what a sweet picture and something truly to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, I love your name ~ heehee! Rarely do I find someone with their name spelled correctly :)
    Great thoughts today! Thank you for sharing.
    I am your newest follower via Google Friend Connect.
    Have a Happy and Blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would be wonderful if we could live life as babies do and fear nothing. Having faith and believing all will be taken care of and we are provided for. As adults it is so easy to forget this.

    I like your equating this to babies.
    Very true.

    Hope you have a blessed Easter.
    Hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great thought, and so true! I love how Jesus shook up the establishment--He treated women kindly and with respect, hung out with the outcasts of society, and taught us that little children know more about God than we educated adults. I'm visiting from Thought-provoking Thursday and, like you, learning to trust like a child.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Stefani. I was pondering the same thing, about babies and the faith of children and how much worry I could save myself if I'd just have that kind of faith. We will have our first grandbaby in less than a month, so babies are on my mind, too. I like the psalm verse, too. Such a different version than the niv. blessings on your Easter celebration, k

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Ya'll!
    Stefanie, so cool to find someone else whose name is spelled like mine. I bet everyone misspells your name too.
    Karen, it's from the Scottish metrical Psalter which we sing from in our church.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for linking up to the NOBH. Babies are a blank slate and so wonderful. Too bad it doesn't last :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope your Easter was astonishing. See you this Thursday. Hugs, Lynn

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1