Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Update

Today I thought I would share a quick update.....my nephew is doing well. He got to go home Saturday and Cephas and I stopped by to visit him (and his parents:-) after church on the Lord's day. I've held younger babies (several of my siblings were born at home which makes for getting to hold a very new baby!), but never one so tiny.
Right now I'm at the Es and we're waiting on Jenny. It could be any time, it could be days. Yesterday we were watching her so much I told her it reminded me of kidding season with our dairy goats back when I lived at home. That got a few laughs, and some very bad puns....But no baby yet, and all the guys were able to watch the game last night uninterrupted. All my brothers came over for the evening so it got noisy:-). The ladies left them to it and watched a movie, Goodbye Mr. Chipps, the story of a British schoolmaster. It was interesting especially what he said on his deathbed. Friends were saying it was such a  pity he had never had children. He said, "Never had children? Why I've had thousands!", thinking of all the boys he taught and lives he influenced.

Julian and his 'Auntie Stefanie' :-)

I also wanted to share our morning sermon from this past Lord's day on the passage from Luke 18 below. I've been looking forward to getting to this part of the book and while I wasn't disappointed, the main thing I took away from it was different than what I had expected. I was reminded of how much we who are the Lord's people have to be thankful for, and realized how often I forget to be thankful. I think I have a tendency to focus on how much work the Christian life is and the sacrifices I make rather than thinking of how much more has been sacrificed for me. I won't deny that it is hard work, but as Pastor said, no matter what is going on in our lives, and no matter what problems we have, we are the most blessed people on earth!


"Then Peter said, Lo, we have left all, and followed thee. And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or parents, or brethren, or wife, or children, for the kingdom of God's sake,
Who shall not receive manifold more in this present time, and in the world to come life everlasting. Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished. For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on: And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again. And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken."
Luke 18:28-34

I'm linking up today at the Monday Message.



1 comment:

  1. I didn't make it over her earlier to say Congratulations. I hope you are all enjoying the little bundle. Thank you for the update and linking it up at NOBH.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1