Monday, May 16, 2011

Comfort from Job...

"He withdraws not his eyes from the righteous. Though they may seem sometimes neglected and forgotten, and that befalls them which looks like an oversight of Providence, yet tender careful eye of their heavenly Father never withdraws from them. If our eye be ever towards God in duty, his eye will be ever upon us in mercy, and, when we are at the lowest, will not overlook us."


"We all know how ready God is to deliver the poor in his affliction; he always was so. The poor in spirit, those that are of a broken and contrite heart, he looks upon with tenderness, and, when they are in affliction, is ready to help them. He opens their ears, and makes them to hear joy and gladness, even in their oppressions; while he does not yet deliver them he speaks to them good words and comfortable words, for the encouragement of their faith and patience, the silencing of their fears, and the balancing of their griefs"

Matthew Henry on Job 37


Sharing with - 


3 comments:

  1. I love this scripture: He withdraws His eyes not from the righteous! I wrote a post on, "He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest under the shadow of the Almighty."
    Amen to the fact that God is always here for us, we just need to stick close!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "He opens their ears, and makes them to hear joy and gladness, even in their oppressions." This statement reminds me of a time several months ago when I was grieving the death of my mother-in-law. I remember walking back to my car after I'd dropped the kids off at school, and my heart was so heavy with despair and sadness. I turned on the radio when I got into the car, and I heard a classical music piece -- soaring violins and winds. I don't even know who the composer was, but I felt my spirits lifted and joy flood into my heart...and I knew it was a sign from God that He was with me, in in my despair.

    Thank you, Stefani, for linking this up this week. Grateful...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad this encouraged you all as it did me.
    Stefanie

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1