Wednesday, May 11, 2011

How long?

Continuing on from Monday's post....

"Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning."
Psalm 30:5

Sunrise From Florida's Front Porch
"...blessed and profitable, however, as we have found the night with its still seclusions and solemn teachings, it is not the morning, nor the day. And it's very darkness make us long more for the anticipated sunrise - "for the flight of shadows and the eternal daybreak." Nor are we hindered from desiring the day.


Impatience is forbidden, but not desire. 


"How long wilt thou forget me, O LORD? for ever? how long wilt thou hide thy face from me? How long shall I take counsel in my soul, having sorrow in my heart daily? But I have trusted in thy mercy; my heart shall rejoice in thy salvation."
verses from Psalm 13

Let us possess our souls in patience, for he is neither the brave nor the  believing man who says, “Let me die, for the cup is bitterer than I can drink;” but he who under the sorest grief can say, “let me live on and be useful, whatever may be the bitterness of the cup.”  But still we may long for the ending of the night.  As in sickness we may long for health, and put forth all fit means for its attainment; so in darkness we may cry earnestly for the dawning, especially because we know that God has a day in store for us after the night is done—a day which is to be far more than a compensation for all previous sorrow.

  For every night God has provided a morning, so that as we have many nights, we have also many mornings here.

They are not indeed “mornings without clouds,” but still they are mornings whose cheering light lifts up the heavy spirit.

7 comments:

  1. I needed this one today Stefanie. Thank you so much for your insights. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful, encouraging blog. I looked you up after I saw you found our blog. You're headbands are beautiful, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Stephanie,

    I dropped by here because you posted after me at Ann's today. Every Monday and Wednesday I try to get to know the person who posted before me and after me at Ann's so I can get to know the Walking with Him Wednesday people. So I am here. What a wonderful taste of Scripture and art and other great literature.

    God bless you,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful post! thank you so much for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. New follower and looking forward to it.
    www.allgirlcircus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another inspiring post Stefanie! Thanks for sharing beautiful scripture on NOBH!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all very much! I'm glad my reading has been a blessing to others!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1