Friday, May 13, 2011

Interruptions...

I think most of you all who read my blog (thanks for stopping by:-) probably know that Blogger was down for about 20 hours and everything that was done yesterday, comments, posts, drafts....are all gone. From what I hear they may reappear at some point....but for now the two posts that I wrote and saved yesterday are gone. On the bright side, I had saved the post I published yesterday in another place so was able to quickly republish....and when I have time I'll get the others rewritten. I decided the Lord was teaching me patience through this frustration.....and when I was trying to decide what I could post today, since what I was planning on was lost, I stumbled across this that I had saved a long time ago. It suited what I was thinking about! 



orLd, where there are interruptions it seems that the disposal of the time that I had planned so well has slipped out of my hands. Help me then to remember it has not slipped out of yours. In your hands these unexpected things will be fashioned into an unexpectedly beautiful design.




The sum of our job here on earth is to glorify God. This was the sum of Jesus's task as well. How did He do it? Shortly before he was crucified He said to His Father, "I have glorified Thee on earth by completing the work which Thou gavest me to do."


There were endless demands on Jesus's time. People pressed on Him with their needs so that He and His disciples had not leisure even to eat, and He would go away into the hills to pray and be alone......Still He was able to make that amazing claim, "I have finished the work you gave me to do."


This is an important clue for us. The work of God is appointed. What was given to the Son to do was the will of the Father. What is given to us to do is also His will.


There is always enough time to do the will of God. For that we can never say, "I don't have time." When we find ourselves frantic and frustrated, harried and harassed and 'hassled', it is a sign we are running on our own schedule and not God's.'
Elisabeth Elliot



This brought to mind some quotes by Andrew Bonar:




"If God sends us to do anything for Him we have power, whether we know it or not."


"God fills our hands with work, but He does not overburden us. When we are overburdened it is time for us to stop."


"Never be perplexed as to the next step; that is the Lord's work."




sharing with Biblical Womanhood Friday link up.

2 comments:

  1. "Never be perplexed as to the next step..."

    So thankful I have Him beside me and He is working on my behalf!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was frustrating to have the Blogger troubles, but I was thankful for the blog break too :) Thanks for your insights and reminders with this post and for sharing on NOBH!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1