Thursday, May 26, 2011

A letter to the Lord......

Today I'm thankful for these reminders from my reading. I hope they are a blessing to you all too.

letter-writing1
"I have begun to write out my desires on paper like a letter, and so to pray when I feel my heart and thoughts wander. What is real prayer but a letter to the Lord Jesus, reminding Him of His words and of our needs?"
~ Andrew Bonar's Diary




"The best we can say to God in prayer is what he has said to us. God's promises, as they are the surest guide of our desires in prayer, and furnish us with the best petitions, so they are the firmest ground of our hopes, and furnish us with the best pleas."Lord, thou saidst thus and thus; and wilt thou not be as good as thy word, the word upon which thou had caused me to hope?" The most general promises are applicable to particular cases. "Thou saidst, I will do thee good; Lord, do me good in this matter."  
~Matthew Henry


Sharing with Thought Provoking Thursdays,
 Women of Noble Character, and Thankful Thursday.


5 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing...
    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I really needed this reminder today. Thank you for sharing this and linking up at Women of Noble Character and NOBH. Have a wonderfully blessed day, Stefanie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, write out prayers to my Heavenly Father. It keeps my mind focused in an amazing way. The words, though stained with tears or covered in joy, journey to the Father's ears, safely kept in Heaven until the answer arrives.

    Blessings,
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all. I thought this was so beautiful when I read it, glad it spoke to others too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1