Monday, May 30, 2011

Lo, I am with you always.....

As scarce as truth is, the supply has always been in excess of the demand.On my mind today are these quotes and verses. I've been thinking a lot about the Lord going with me as I go into situations that make me 'step out of my comfort zone', that I'm afraid of, or that I simply don't want to do, though I know it's what's right. It's a comfort to know I'm not alone and to think of the Lord going beside me wherever I go.


"The Lord never asks us to go where He Himself is not going."
Andrew Bonar


"Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee."
Deuteronomy 31:8


"The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him."
Nahum 1:7


"Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness."
Isaiah 41:10


"I have set the LORD always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved."
Psalm 16:8


"The Lord shall keep thy soul; he shall preserve thee from all ill.
Henceforth thy going out and in God keep for ever will."
Psalm 121:7-8


"My case is bad enough, and I am ready to think it deplorable, till I consider the infinite goodness of God; but, finding I have that to trust to, I am comforted, though I have no merit of my own. In former distresses I have trusted in the mercy of God, and I never found that it failed me; his mercy has in due time relieved me and my confidence in it has in the mean time supported me. Even in the depth of this distress, when without were fightings and within were fears, yet I trusted in the mercy of God and that was as an anchor in a storm, by the help of which, though I was tossed, I was not overset."....Having put his trust in the mercy of God, he is fully assured of salvation, and that his heart, which was now daily grieving, should rejoice in that salvation. Though weeping endure long, joy will return." 
Matthew Henry on Psalm 13


5 comments:

  1. I love Isaiah 41:10 God has had me so far outside of my comfort zone over the past 6 years that I cannot even see it anymore!!

    Great post.

    joy & blessings to you,
    Alida

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely thing to remember . . . that we never go anywhere without God being with us.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such wonderful reminders. If we could remember this more, then life wouldn't get us down like it does!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the last quote by Matthew Henry on Psalm 13. Particularly, the fact that His mercies never fail and the "being tossed" but "not overtaken." Thank you for the encouragement today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all. I shared this post because I needed the comfort and reminder before facing something I would rather not deal with, so glad that the Lord goes with us!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1