Saturday, May 7, 2011

The Saturday Evening Blog Post...

It's the first Saturday of the month which means it's time to join Elizabeth Esther and share our favorite posts from the month of April. Once again I found it hard to decide, but settled on this post. Thinking before we speak, being kind, not adding pain through our words to those who are already suffering was a subject much on my mind last month. I was surprised to find just how much the book of Job talks about this as I've been reading through it recently. This was a close second. I really loved this poem. And the most visited post in April? Believe it or not, it was the Saturday Evening Blog Post from the beginning of April! 



Before ending this post I wanted to share a couple verses on my mind for those who may find the Mother's day weekend to be hard for whatever reason....

"Can a woman forget her nursing child,
      And not have compassion on the son of her womb?
      Surely they may forget,
      Yet I will not forget you.
       See, I have inscribed you on the palms
of My hands;
      Your walls
are continually before Me." 
Isaiah 49:15-16

“Sing, O barren,
      You
who have not borne!
      Break forth into singing, and cry aloud,
      You
who have not labored with child!
      For more
are the children of the desolate
      Than the children of the married woman,” says the LORD.
Do not fear, for you will not be ashamed;
      Neither be disgraced, for you will not be put to shame;
      For you will forget the shame of your youth,
      And will not remember the reproach of your widowhood anymore.
      For your Maker
is your husband,
      The LORD of hosts
is His name;
Isaiah 54:1,4-5


3 comments:

  1. God bless you Stefanie, for this beautiful post. You have such a sensitive heart. Thank you for linking this up at NOBH. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lynda! I've experienced both sides of that pain and I hope that has made me sensitive to others.
    Hope your day is blessed too.
    Stefanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1