Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Snakes and futons.....

A few events from a somewhat crazy, but fun day.....

100_1191
The day began with Adri heading out the door to run a few errands. A few minutes later she popped back in, "Hey, Stefanie, do you feel up to an adventure?"  As it turned out way down the road someone was giving away a futon just like the one her brother wanted....it wouldn't fit in the back of the Blazer, so....you guessed it, we carried it all the way home. Laughing the whole time of course. Everyone who drove past us stopped, stared, then drove away laughing. The two of us end up doing the most random things;-) Did I mention that it was really, really heavy?


100_1183
A bit later in the day Adri went outside to do some painting. I was peacefully reading in my room when my phone rang...A frantic Adri called me to come help her, she was painting the shed and had come across a snake. She wanted me to kill it because she wanted it GONE.  I told her I don't kill things.....after a few minutes of discussion I offered moral support while she went after it with the shovel. It didn't want to die, kept writhing - we screamed a little...or maybe a lot. There were a bunch of men doing yard work next door and I was kind of surprised that no came to check on the screaming women.



100_1187
At that point I grabbed the shove, scooped it up and flung it into the neighbor's bushes. Adri was scared he had a girlfriend, or babies so I had to poke around and look for more, but didn't see any.

I told Adri, I don't do nature. I don't like bugs and snakes:-( It was an adventure though. I hope none of the neighbors read my blog....just saying;-)



Garter Snake
After it was all over we realized we forgot to take a picture of the snake! This is kind of what he looked like though.


100_1181
Adri's mom said we needed a drink after being so 'brave' so my brother made us a concoction of cherry bourbon and fruit juice. It was good - tasted like fruit punch.

And now it's time to say good night, and here's to hoping that tomorrow is less dramatic!

Sharing with Randomness, and
Coffee Talk.



2 comments:

  1. I admire the both of you. Glad you lift one another up so ! I embrace the next time you desire to share such moments. thanx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for getting rid of it! I would have just run away like a little girl :p

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1