Thursday, June 30, 2011

Buying books on a budget....

A Fool and His Money SeriesToday I'm thankful for books:-) As anyone who reads my blog has probably figured out - I love books and spend a lot of my free time reading. Like most of you all though, I have limited funds to buy books, or in other words I'm on a budget. So up until recently that meant I rarely bought books. Then I discovered Swagbucks......if you regularly search online this is something you might want to sign up for too. By downloading  their toolbar, searching, finding codes, watching the occasional video, and taking advantage of one of their special offers now and then I find I generally earn enough to redeem a $5 Amazon gift card about every two weeks. While that may not sound like a lot, it's my 'book money' and you can find some pretty awesome deals on Amazon if you shop around. Plus it's completely free money! Please consider signing up through the widget below - and yes, I will earn referral swagbucks if you do:-). It's a win, win situation for both of us - it's completely free! Go here for more on how to earn swagbucks once you've signed up.






100_1445
As you all also know I love the Psalms. This pretty little book was my latest 'buy.'

100_1449
A look inside. It's all King James version with scenic pictures to go with every Psalm.

1cent Bellows 1
I told you, you could find amazing deals on Amazon. This is what I paid for the book of Psalms above (not including shipping)! I have been know to 'splurge' and spend more than that:-)

9780851514796
This was another of my buys, and a favorite book of mine. I've also bought The Diary of David Brainerd,  Mute Christian Under the Rod by Thomas Watson, a book on prayer that I can't remember the title of now, a couple books that were gifts, etc. I have many more titles on my wish list.....


Another place I occasionally find good deals on  books is Ebay, and even every now and then in thrift stores I'll find something good. I recently found a like new set of Francine River's Mark of The Lion trilogy for 75 cents each. I love finding a good bargain:-). About the only place I've been known to pay full price is at my church conference. It's hard to resist book tables, and hey I'm helping the denomination too right? :-)

And before I end this post I have to say I have to say I have some great friends who know how much I love books and have given me some special gifts. My set of Matthew Henry's commentaries were a gift, as was my copy of Rutherford's Letters, Spurgeon's Morning and Evening,  The Law of Kindness by Mary Beeke, and more........Thank you all!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1