Monday, June 6, 2011

Contentment.....

Today I wanted to share our sermon from yesterday on Christian Contentment. It was a blessing and I hope you all can listen to it.

"But godliness with contentment is great gain."
1 Timothy 6:6

"Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls: Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation. The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places."
Habakkuk 3:17-19




Sharing with Hear it on Sunday, Use it on Monday,
and Motivational Mondays.


2 comments:

  1. There is an awful lot I could learn about contentment -- I think this sermon is meant for me. Unfortunately, the kids are about to kid up and there's breakfast to be made...so hopefully I will be able to return and hear what your pastor has to say!

    Thanks for linking up this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me--
    Pause.
    Contentment....
    That is what I want.
    That is what I pray for...
    Thank you for joining us a NOBH.
    With love,
    Kara @ The Chuppies/NOBH

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1