Tuesday, June 21, 2011

"The earth belongs unto the Lord, and all that it contains.....

العملة المذكورة بالانجيل من زمن سيدنا المسيح ع The Biblical Tribute Penny: Tiberius AR Denarius 16-34 AD; ObverseOur Lord's day sermon from Luke 20 has been on my mind so I wanted to share it with you all. What I have been thinking most about is the end of the sermon where Pastor talked about rendering to God what is His. I hadn't thought much about this before, but when you come down to it, what does belong to God? How about everything......including myself. As a Christian I've died to myself, I don't own my life, but it belongs to the Lord and should be all about serving Him, and  bringing Him glory. Very practically speaking for me, one big way of doing this is learning to pray, "Thy will be done," and to mean it, to really want His will to be done in my life, for Him to be glorified through me, even if it means not getting what I want. When I think about it, why do we I struggle so much with this? Why would we not want to give ourselves to a Father who is good, who loves us so much, who has promised that all things will work together for the good of those who love Him? When we are reminded in so many places that He cares for us, that He sees all things, that He is our shield, fortress, strong tower, deliverer, our salvation......I could go on, as you can probably tell I'm talking to myself here! So if you find time to listen to this sermon I think it's safe to say that it will give you plenty to think about.


"And they watched him, and sent forth spies, which should feign themselves just men, that they might take hold of his words, that so they might deliver him unto the power and authority of the governor. And they asked him, saying, Master, we know that thou sayest and teachest rightly, neither acceptest thou the person of any, but teachest the way of God truly: Is it lawful for us to give tribute unto Caesar, or no? But he perceived their craftiness, and said unto them, Why tempt ye me? Shew me a penny. Whose image and superscription hath it? They answered and said, Caesar's. And he said unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which be Caesar's, and unto God the things which be God's. And they could not take hold of his words before the people: and they marvelled at his answer, and held their peace."
Luke 20:26





Sharing with Soli Deo Gloria,
Heard it on Sunday, share it on Monday,
and Titus2 days.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1