Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Keepers at Home class.....

100_1350
This past Saturday I was able to join our Keepers At Home group for a spinning class. Since I love working with yarn I really enjoyed spending the time with them. This was the first class I'd been able to go to in awhile and I had the job of taking pictures. Let me just say that I loved this spinning wheel! The class was kindly hosted and taught by Mrs. G and I loved all the scripture that she worked into her decorating. If I ever have my own home to decorate I'd love to do the same.


100_1353
There are so many different kinds of fibers, wool, angora goat, and rabbit, alpaca, cotton, linen.....and more.


100_1354
And so many beautiful yarns!


100_1360
The girls learned to use drop spindles.


100_1375
The class - or I could caption this - "how many girls can you fit on one couch?!" :-)


100_1381
Mrs. G teaching us how to card wool.


100_1384
It was a very hands on class - everyone got a chance to try out carding and spinning, and left with their own yarn that they created.
100_1382
Hannah carding her wool.

100_1391
I tried out carding wool - it's harder than it looks, it takes some strength!
100_1429
The wool I carded, a combination of purples and blues - it made such a pretty yarn.

100_1398
Learning to draft the wool before spinning it.

100_1413
Learning to spin with a drop spindle.


100_1418
Hannah showing off a bookmark made with the yarn that she spun.


100_1434
Mrs. G also showed us how to use a spinning wheel. It was a great class - I think we all had fun and learned a lot.


Sharing with Titus 2Days,
Far Above Rubies,
 Simple Homemaking, 
  Raising Homemakers,
and Biblical Womanhood.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1