Saturday, June 4, 2011

My grace is suficient for thee....

Recently in a conversation with friends we were discussing trials and burdens. I was told that either the Lord could change circumstances, or He would give grace to bear them. To be honest, the second was not what I wanted to hear. The thought of dealing with ____ (you fill in the blank with whatever you really, really want to change!), for the unforeseeable future is not one most would want to even contemplate. I tend to hope and pray that the Lord will get me out of whatever the situation is I don't like, change the circumstances, give me what I want, you get the picture! Yet much as I didn't want to hear it the thought stayed with me and I realized that often is the way the Lord works. He gives grace, encourages in little, or not so little things, through kind words, or something read or heard, or a very real sense of His love and presence so that one realizes at the end of the day that once again the Lord has given grace and help, and we've made it through yet another day.

"The very many letters.....that have come to me are so many tokens of how the Elder Brother has been thinking upon me, touching these hearts and saying, 'Go, speak in My name.'"
(Andrew Bonar

I'm the kind of person who likes to have everything organized and planned ahead, thinks through all the possibilities, and wants to know what to expect! But I'm learning that the Lord does not work that way, He wants me to depend on Him for grace every day......not save it up.

I'm reminded that we are to pray:
"Give us this day our daily bread."
Matthew 6:11

and of this verse:
"..as thy days, so shall thy strength be."
Deuteronomy 33:25

and also reminded that there are seasons, life may not always be this way......
"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven...
A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance."
Ecclesiastes 3:1,4

But if it is the Lord's will for certain seasons to continue I'm learning that He will give grace and strength.....and I hope that I will learn to trust Him more for this. Thinking and writing it is one thing, living and believing is another. I appreciate anyone who read through today's rambling thoughts and hope you all have a good day! Also my apologies to anyone who got this link in their reader yesterday....I was trying to do too many things at once and hit "publish" instead of "preview" so it was out there for about 30 seconds or so. Sorry about that!



Share |

3 comments:

  1. Completely agree. We're working through the Bible verse by verse in our Bible Study on Wednesdays - we're up to Psalms - to read David's heartfelt pleas to the Lord and his recognition of his Majesty and Love.
    Thank you for sharing this beautiful post,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is exactly where I have been for the last two years of caring for my mother. I prayed so hard for strength and understanding. God did see me through!

    Being steadfast and faithful in times of trial are the most rewarding lessons in life. Thank you for sharing your insights Stefanie.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1