Thursday, July 14, 2011

Divided....

After watching this video that a couple of my friends shared on facebook, I had to post it on here. It's on an issue that's very much on my heart - our young people in the church. The video asks hard questions. Why are so many young people leaving the church, not interested in living for the Lord, etc, etc, and came up with some very good answers. While I'm not a parent, this hits very close to home for me. I have 12 younger siblings who I pray for every day and long to see them all love the Lord and live for Him. Then there are many other young ones in my life who are very special to me, that I have the same desire for. I'm so thankful for the siblings and younger friends I have who do show Christ in their lives.

But I'm really tired of seeing others finding being cool more important than following Christ, and seeing bad choices being made, seeing them hurt others... My prayer is that they will want to do what is right because they love the Lord and want to please Him, more than anything. And I wish these young people would realize what an influence their behavior has on the next generation - we all have lots of little eyes on us!

Thanks for letting me share what's on my heart and please join me in praying for the future of our church - our young people. Ultimately they are all in the Lord's hands and we can only cry out to Him for them.


Official Divided the Movie (HD Version) from NCFIC on Vimeo.

Sharing with Thought Provoking Thursdays,
and Thankful Thursdays.


Share |

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1