Friday, July 29, 2011

Five Minute Friday





 Today I'm joining in at 5 minute Friday where we write for 5 minutes straight, then publish without editing. The last is very hard for me to do - just saying! But here goes......




 Start.....

Today's theme is 'Still' which can mean different things, but today it made me think of these verses I shared on here about a week ago -

"....Their strength is to sit still.....In returning and rest shall ye be saved; in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength.."

Often it seems I'm called to be still when I know I would much rather be 'doing', solving the problem, rather than being still and waiting on the Lord. 
Remembering 'Be still and know that I am God', and that He is still with me even in the darkness (Psalm 23).

Today I am.....

Still hoping...
Still praying...
Still waiting on the Lord.....
Still pressing on, putting one foot in front of the other....
Still trying to hold fast......
Still hoping for joy in the morning...
All by the grace of God......

Ending by remembering the verse, 'still hope in God, for Him to praise good cause I yet shall have' from Psalm 42.

Stop!

Just as a note, the verses I shared are written from memory, so any mistakes are mine.



Share |

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1