Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Conference pictures for those left behind.....

Today I wanted to share a few pictures I took yesterday while at the conference. Being here is such a blessing, the sermons, fellowship, and Psalm singing, as well as some down time to just relax and read have all been wonderful. I needed this, and it makes me kind of hate the thought of leaving....I was talking with friends last night about how we could somewhat relate to what Peter said in the story of the transfiguration, "Lord, it's good for us to be here, let's build houses and stay....." Tempting, though not very realistic:-)! Anyways I would miss all of you I left behind too much!


100_1596
Arriving at the conference, this sign always makes me laugh:-)
100_1597
The lodge where the conference is held. Virginia is so beautiful.

100_1545
Is it any surprise the book table is one of my favorite places? I love how they have chairs nearby so I can sit and read....:-)

100_1544
Little ones who posed for me.
100_1567
We have some new faces this year!
100_1571
A very new face - little Thomas is the youngest conference attender at only 26 days old!
100_1547
Visiting on the porch...



100_1579
Serving dinner.

100_1581
Meal fellowship....

100_1561
Psalters as far as the eye can see......

100_1584
Preparing for worship. The three worship services every day are my favorite part of the conference. My second favorite are the informal Psalm sings on the porch - I hope to share pictures and video from that in another post soon.
100_1587
Gathering for evening worship.
100_1591
The book reviews before each service are responsible for my library's growth...:-)
100_1595
Some of the children received certificates for memorizing the Shorter catechism.



I hope you all enjoy these - Lord willing I'll share more, as well as sermons when I come home.


Share |

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1