Monday, August 8, 2011

On the road.....

The conference  week has begun! I'm so thankful to the Lord for working out details so I could come. Yesterday after church my new friend, Brittnay drove my friend Yvonne and I up to Virginia. Think three girls in the car for 8 hours, lots of snacks so we didn't have to stop and buy food on the Lord's day (my contribution was chocolate:-), and lots and lots of talking! I think we really got to know one another and discovered we had many things in common as we discussed families, our upbringings, how we became Christians, what the Lord is teaching us, the sermons at church, hopes for the future, and more....It was a different Lord's day than normal, but special and filled with wonderful fellowship. 

Good friends, the D family put us up in Culpeper last night. You know someone is a good friend when you can let yourself into their house in the middle of the night, go to bed, and see them in the morning! In a few hours another family will be driving Yvonne and I on the final bit of our journey, into the mountains of Virginia, to the Conference. At that point I don't know if I'll have internet anymore.........I can't end this post though without saying how blessed I feel for the love of friends. A lot of people have worked to make this trip possible and I'm so thankful to all of you!

I also wanted to share one of our sermons from yesterday. Pastor Woods, from Scotland will be the main speaker this week at the conference and our church is blessed to have him preaching for two Lord's days while he is in this country. It was really good and I hope you can listen!





Share |

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1