Thursday, September 8, 2011

Faint not...

'To Long On This Road'.Today I'm thankful for my church. I get homesick for GPC when I'm away so it felt like coming home when we walked in for prayer meeting last night:-). It was so good to be back!

Our sermon was on theses verses from Hebrews 12. They've always been favorites of mine, and it was encouraging to be reminded of those who have gone before me, to see how the Lord was faithful to them in all His promises....To be reminded of who I am to keep my eyes on, and that not only am I running towards Jesus, but He is also with me as I run the race, at my right hand.

"Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,  Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds."
Hebrews 12:1-3

We ended by singing these verses from Psalm 119 -


    I chosen have the perfect way
          of truth and verity:
     Thy judgments that most righteous are
          before me laid have I.

   I to thy testimonies cleave;
          shame do not on me cast.
   I'll run thy precepts' way, when thou
          my heart enlarged hast.

Sharing with Thankful Thursdays, Thought Provoking Thursdays, 
 A Holy Experience,  Inspiration Friday,and Homemaker by Choice.




Share |

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1