Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Tennessee pictures.....

Today I have some pictures from my trip to Tennessee. The Es and I left Greenville on Friday afternoon and arrived in TN that evening. After dinner at Cracker Barrel I headed to my sister's place, and they spent time at a family reunion. They then joined us on Sat night and we were all able to spend the Lord's day and Monday together - we had such a nice time visiting both with family and friends as you can see below.....

100_1660
On Saturday morning I joined Becky and Bill where they sold soap at the farmer's market in Chattanooga.

100_1664
Then we grocery shopped with a very tired little girl.....

100_1665
On Monday Becky invited over two families from her church for a picnic party. Due to a big tropical storm we used the oven instead of the grill, and hung out in the living room, but everyone had a good time. It was wonderful to enjoy Christian fellowship with the Lord's people - and very encouraging to meet them. It's good to see how the Lord does have a remnant, and to share our experiences of following Him.

100_1682
There was lots of good conversation....

100_1674
It was so good to finally meet my facebook friend, Sarah. She regularly shares encouraging quotes, verses, sermons, and pictures so we found plenty to talk about:-)

100_1675
Jenny was also very happy to meet Sarah.

100_1671
Sisters in Christ - Becky, holding Laura, Sarah, Jenny, and me holding Matthew.
100_1684
I remembered to get a picture of the food AFTER we all fixed our plates...but anyways we enjoyed  burgers and fixings, 3 different salads, chips and dip, watermelon, peaches, and cherries, apple crisp with whipped cream, cookies, and chocolate oblivion torte.... everything was delicious:-)
100_1683
Some of the young people eating together and visiting.

100_1678
The youngest members of the party - Matthew and Laura. 




100_1685
Laura enjoying whipped cream.


 I wish I had more pictures, but I got busy talking and eating......:-)





Share |

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1