Thursday, September 1, 2011

Thankful Thursday..

Today I'm thankful for.....

298346_2175050009648_1048742549_2738373_1383525_n
Friends......at the conference last month when everyone else was getting family pictures taken, we three friends without families gathered for our own picture.
304428_10150284073248927_634813926_8021288_5624387_n
And for the newest covenant child to arrive at our church. Philip was born very early Monday morning and he's only a few hours old here. Isn't he cute?



I'm also thankful for this blog post from Ann Voskamp that I read yesterday which was encouraging, I liked this line: 

Our greatest triumphs are always our most solitary ones — and every great triumph begins with the decision to get out of bed.
 Speaking of blogging I'm thankful for all the blog friends I've made, the blogs I read that encourage me, and for the people who read what I post:-). I'm excited to be joining the team at No Ordinary Blog Hop this month and hope to meet more blog friends through the experience. 

While I'm listing things I'm thankful for I need to add faithful ministers. Our pastor is on vacation this week, but I appreciated so much in last night's sermon being reminded again that Jesus is praying for us. I keep hearing that this week!  The reminder that we are to be a witness for Christ right where we are, in our families stood out to me too. I think that is the hardest - with family - the people who really know me, know how to 'push my buttons'....but those are the very people God has put me with for my sanctification (and me for theirs:-).

Lastly I'm thankful that the Es are making a trip to Tennessee this weekend and taking me with them! I'll be spending labor day weekend with my sister and her family:-). Lord willing I'll share pictures from my trip later. I hope you all have a good day!





Share |

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1