Monday, October 24, 2011

Blessed are they that hunger....

Today I wanted to share our sermon from yesterday morning, and a couple thoughts from the Lord's day that encouraged me. We've reached the point in Luke now where Jesus is on the cross. Obviously there is so much to learn from this and be thankful for, but what stood out to me was how Pastor pointed out how 'others centered' Jesus was, even in his agony, and that those of us who walk in his grace should be the same way - putting others above ourselves. It really got me thinking when he talked about Jesus praying for those who were crucifying him while he was on the cross suffering. Even if we gathered up every sin done against us, all the hurts we've felt from others, it couldn't possibly compare to all the wrongs that were done to Jesus, yet he prayed, "Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do." May God give us all grace to forgive like that.



I was also given something to think about when Pastor talked about praying that God would give us hunger to gather for worship and prayer. It made me realize how much we take for granted - even that is a blessing that the Lord gives us. I'm so thankful that He has made me hungry! "Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled." Matthew 5:6

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1