Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Blog party!


This is me, taken last summer while antiquing with friends.


Today I'm joining in at a blog party where we introduce ourselves and share a bit about our blogs.... Thanks to you all for stopping by! I'm Stefanie, and I've been blogging for a little over two years. My blog began soon after I moved away from my parents' house, and I was mainly planning on sharing updates on my life, pictures, etc for them to read. I do do that some, but mainly has grown into a pace where I share things I'm reading, and what the Lord is teaching me. If I've been encouraged by a sermon, or a book, or a quote, I'll probably share it on here. Those of you who've been around for long know I love books, and I especially love the Puritans and the Psalms:-) It always brightens my day when I get a comment from someone who was helped and encouraged by something I shared.




Seven young ones the Lord has put in my life, whom I love very much.
As time has gone on my blog has grown and I've started following many different Christian women's blogs. I love being a part of the blogging community, 'getting to know' so many other women, and families, seeing how they do things, how they were encouraged, what they are learning, etc. But at the same time I've often sometimes  found myself wondering where do I fit in? Everyone else seems to be homeschooling, stay at home moms, Titus 2 ladies. While I embrace all those things, I've wondered where do I as a single woman belong, what can I offer? But I'm trying to be thankful for what the Lord has given me, and I've realized that though for now I don't have a home to keep, I don't have children to bring up, He's put me in a family, and I'm still helping build up a home, in a small way, and being sanctified by children. I've learned that singleness is a time where I have a lot of freedom, and a lot of chances to serve. It's amazing how many opportunities arise where help is needed when there is a pair of willing hands to work! I'm talking at myself here (as you'll often find me doing in blog posts), but after all life is all about serving Christ, and this is how He has called me to serve Him today - and everything done for Him will be remembered and counts for eternity.

Where some of my blogging is done - at my desk.
 I love chocolate, children, books, and writing (though not necessarily in that order:-).  My days are spent working as a mother's helper, and doing what I can to be helpful around my brother's house where I live, and in my church family. Free time is spent reading, blogging:-), knitting, crocheting, sewing, taking and editing pictures, spending time with friends...I keep busy! In addition I've enjoyed being part of the team at No Ordinary Blog Hop, stop by today and link up your posts and get to know many more bloggers! Though my blog began to keep my family updated, the main purpose of it is to glorify the Lord. I hope you'll be blessed spending time with me as I seek to follow and wait on Him. Thanks for visiting!

"It may be of good use to Christians to preserve in writing an account of the providences of God concerning them, the constant series of mercies they have experienced, especially those turns and changes which made some days of their lives more remarkable . Our memories need this help.....that we may 'remember the way which the Lord our God has led us in the wilderness.'"
Matthew Henry

Here are some links which are a good sampling of what my blog is all about.....I hope you'll stay awhile, visit, and be encouraged:-)

Updates on my life
Sermons that were a blessing to me.
What the Lord is teaching me
What I'm reading
Quotes that I read and want to share.
Pictures of family
Posts on prayer



Sharing with Our Simple Country Life,  Raising Homemakers Women Living Welland Just Because Blog Party.





Share|

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1