Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Courageous....



Last night Jenny took me to see this movie, Courageous, one I've been wanting to see, especially since I enjoyed their other movies so much, Facing The Giants, and Fireproof. It was excellent - you've got to go see it! One reason to go is to support a good Christian movie being in theaters, but mainly because it is so good - the story, and most of all the message - about the importance of being a good father, the courage it takes to do that, the desperate need in all young people's lives for a father.....I don't want to give any of the story away, but it had me laughing, and mostly crying. It made me so sad for those who don't have the blessing of a father in their lives, and left me thinking that that is the kind of man I pray to marry someday. A man who is courageous in his own home, who will follow the Lord even if it means standing alone, and will commit to lead and protect his family. There's so much more I could say about the movie, about the gospel message in it, about making the choice to be thankful for what God has given instead of being angry that He hasn't given us more, about asking 'what does God expect of me?', and seeking to do that......and there's plenty of action and humor mixed in as well, but I'll let you watch it for yourselves. I want to see it again too:-)

Sharing with Above Rubies, The Wednesday Window,and Serenity Now.




Share |

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1