Monday, October 17, 2011

LORD, I pray thee, go among us.....


 Yesterday was communion season at Greenville Presbyterian and our table address was on these verses from Exodus 34:

"And the LORD passed by before him, and proclaimed, The LORD, The LORD God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth,
 Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth generation.
 And Moses made haste, and bowed his head toward the earth, and worshipped.
 And he said, If now I have found grace in thy sight, O LORD, let my LORD, I pray thee, go among us; for it is a stiffnecked people; and pardon our iniquity and our sin, and take us for thine inheritance."

They made me think how much I do need the Lord to go with me, and to realize how much He has been with me. Just over the past week in the little ways He's helped and given me just what I needed. It's humbling to realize that and just how little I trust Him for the big things. Then I thought on it more as the day went on so differently than I had planned and I found myself sitting in the emergency room with my brother who was having trouble breathing. As I sat with him waiting for a doctor, praying, it comforted me to remember that He was even there in that situation, and He was doing exactly what was best for my brother, for me, for my family....I'm also happy to say that my brother improved greatly as the day went on and was able to go home that evening. The Lord heard our prayers. There's so much more I could say in this blog post, about how thankful I am for the friends who stayed with me at the hospital, for the family time together while we were there (more brothers joined us), the friend who took over my responsibilities so I could go to the hospital, about the sermons from yesterday, and what a blessing it was to gather for a late dinner with friends that evening after all the drama was over.....but I need to get to get busy on today's jobs!

"Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications.
 The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him."
Psalm 28:6-7





Share |

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1