Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A mountain trip....

On Saturday I was able to join part of my church family for a trip into the mountains of North and South Carolina. Sometimes the Lord gives us an almost perfect day and this was one of them, gorgeous weather and scenery, good fellowship, lots of fun, no injuries.....and a delicious picnic dinner. Walking through the mountains enjoying God's beautiful creation these verses came to my mind.....and it left us thinking if God has made this kind of beauty for us here, what will heaven be like?


"For the LORD is a great God, and a great King above all gods. In his hand are the deep places of the earth: the strength of the hills is his also. The sea is his, and he made it: and his hands formed the dry land. O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the LORD our maker. For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand."
Psalm 95:3-7 


 "The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge. There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard."
 Psalm 19:1-3

100_1778
Beka 'my little sister' and I.
100_1792
Jenny and Matthew.
100_1783
The children climbing on the huge rocks.
100_1828
Visiting the falls at Dupont Sate park in North Carolina.
100_1779
Looking down at the river.

100_1782
Looking at the falls.
100_1781
Beautiful!
100_1850
Looking out from Caesar's Head Park in South Carolina.
100_1838
Our group picture which another hiker kindly took for us.
100_1859
Grilling hot dogs for dinner - by then we were all starving.
100_1903
Ending the day with family worship around the picnic table was so nice.
      
Stop by and visit my friend Jenny's blog - A Mother's Heritage - where she also shares pictures from our mountain trip.


Sharing with Serenity Now.




Share |

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1