Thursday, October 13, 2011

Where to look......

As most of you all know I was away last weekend in Virginia helping with my sister in law's sister's wedding (did you all follow that?!). It was good visiting with family, talking, laughing, eating, and of course celebrating a wedding together......Anyways I had the interesting experience on Friday evening of standing in for one of the bridesmaids who couldn't make it to the rehearsal (I said I was willing to help wherever I was needed, and that got taken seriously:-). As we were going through the wedding ceremony and having all we were supposed to do explained to us, one thing stood out to me. The 'wedding planner' told us, "If you are ever wondering where to look, your eyes should always be on the bride."


It made me think of the Christian life -  if we are ever wondering where we should look - our eyes should always be on the Lord. It's when I take my eyes off him and focus on problems, circumstances I can't change, fears, or ____, you fill in the blank that I get myself into trouble......so I was thankful for the reminder. Wherever I go the Lord is with me, "....even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me," and my eyes should be on Him.




"Mine eyes are ever toward the LORD; for he shall pluck my feet out of the net."
Psalm 25:15


Sharing with Thankful Thursday and Thought Provoking Thursdays,  Proverbs 31 link up, Serenity Now,  Imperfect Prose,  Women of Noble Character, and Friday Link Up.


Share |

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1