Tuesday, December 6, 2011

My bedroom......

Yesterday I came home to a surprise.....my friends the Rs, who had been visiting family up north, brought back the chest my brother had made me for my birthday! That inspired me to work on my bedroom, cleaning, rearranging, reorganizing......I got a lot done and I'm happy with the way it's turning out.

Here's the chest Caleb made me that the Rs delivered, and the quilt Becky made for me. The white framed pictures are Bible verses, and the cross stitch picture was made by my Mom a long time ago...I got the lamp at a thrift store, and spray painted the basket.

I also painted the basket at the foot of my bed.


The chest Caleb built for me. It's doubling as a nightstand.
On my nightstand...
Adri gave me this platter and it was too pretty to pack away so I'm using it as a tray on my nightstand for now.
I would love to paint this bookcase to match the rest of the room, but it doesn't belong to me......I'd like to replace it eventually with one I can paint. It holds some of my non fiction books and Bibles.
A shelf on the bookcase pictured above. Caleb made the little wooden box for me years ago. The picture is of my sisters and I ♥

Psalms, chocolate, and coffee.......I crocheted the doily under the box.

I painted this bookcase and chair and made the cushions on the chair. This bookcase holds my fiction, children's books, cookbooks, and craft books, etc. The cute little 'read' cutout was a birthday gift off my Etsy wish list:-)
My desk. The books on the side shelves are mainly devotionals, then I have commentaries, Calvin, and the Puritans along the back behind my computer. The chair is just a kitchen chair I borrowed. I'm keeping an eye out for one to buy and paint at the thrift stores.
My dresser which was my biggest painting project. I want to replace the knobs on it with something prettier eventually. I plan to hang the Jane Austen puzzle I put together over it once I get it framed. And that's what I've done for now......
Sharing with Homework party, Simply Creations Friday,  Wow Us WednesdaysTotally Inspired Tuesdays, Serenity Now, Inspiration Friday, The Purposed Heart, Homemaker's Challenge, and Tip Me Tuesdays.




Share |

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1